Our Scholarship Program provides assistance to deserving students who are interested to pursue Science, Technology, Engineering and Math (STEM) degree programs in college.
The applicant must be:
- A graduating senior high school student with at least 85% average for each of the grading periods immediately preceding assessment or screening, and no grade per subject lower than 80%; and
- A participant of the Regional Science and Technology Fair (RSTF) – 7 within the last 4 years up to the year of screening.
Pre-screening selection process
- Soft copies of the Application kit can be downloaded below;
- Interested applicants are given up to November 30, 2018 to fill out the form and submit physical or soft copies of the pre-screening requirements via registered mail, walk-in to the VFI office or electronic mail; and
- Shortlisted applicants will be notified via SMS and electronic mail not later than December 14, 2018.
Pre-screening documentary requirements
- Completely filled-out VFI College Scholarship Application Form;
- 300 to 500-word essay answering the question: Which one or more of your entries into the RSTF do you feel brings innovative solutions to the needs and challenges facing our country and how?;
- Photocopy of Grade 12 Form 138 or Report Card, as applicable;
- Photocopy of Certificate of Good Moral or Honorable Dismissal, as applicable; and
- Photocopy of PSA-certified Birth Certificate.